Public Speaking has been ranked as the number one fear in the developed world – in the same survey, death only ranked at number six! I see a wide spectrum of clients about public speaking, from those that are so terrified that just the suggestion of speaking in public can induce panic, all the way through to professional communicators who are already highly skilled but are looking to improve even further. Some clients come because they have been asked to give a speech at a wedding, others need it in order to progress at work, some come just to be the best presenter they can be. Whatever the reason, it is important for you to know that not only can you overcome any fears but you can actually learn to enjoy your performance! And for those who are already comfortable with public speaking, learning advanced communication skills can transform the quality and impact of your presentations. Your programme is tailored to your own individual needs, but might include:
- Overcoming fear, anxiety and self-sabotage.
- Simple and effective tools for enhanced focus and relaxation.
- The importance of your own psychological and physiological state.
- Effective use of body language (stance, gestures and movement).
- Effective use of voice (intonation patterns, vocal rhythm, effective emphasis).
- Modelling the behaviour of successful speakers.
- Learning how to master unconscious communication and the psychology of influence.
With almost twenty years of experience as a hypnotherapist, and prior to that a career as a university lecturer, I have unique expertise to help you make calm, effective and enjoyable presentations.