Stress is the most common obstacle to well-being in modern life. Individuals experiencing prolonged stress suffer both emotionally and physically – it has been estimated that up to 70% of visits to GPs are, at their root, the result of stress. A little stress occasionally need not be harmful – it can help you to stay focused and energized and deal with challenging situations. But severe or prolonged stress can be very damaging. Common symptoms of include: anxiety, irritability, mood swings, unhappiness, depression, racing thoughts, poor memory and concentration, increased pessimism, changes to eating patterns, changes to sleeping patterns, increased use of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, increased nervous habits like nail biting, general aches and pains, dizziness, loss of sex drive and increased susceptibility to illness. If your stress is causing any of these symptoms, it really is time to address it.
In whatever way stress manifests itself in your life, it is important for you to know that there are many well-established and highly-effective strategies to reduce current stress and to help you avoid reaching high stress levels again in the future. Hypno-psychotherapy can be a highly effective way to help you achieve a calm and healthy life and I have specialized training in personal and corporate stress management. In helping you, I bring together almost twenty years of experience with established techniques from stress management, hypnotherapy, NLP, meditative-, behavioural- and cognitive- therapies.
Every client is unique, so your programme of treatment is individually-tailored to your personal needs, but might include:
- Looking at the sources and triggers of stress in your life.
- Examining how you have reacted to these stresses in the past and developing new, more empowering, responses.
- Changing habitual patterns of thinking and beliefs that contribute to your stress (for example, pessimism, perfectionism, all-or-nothing thinking).
- Teaching quick and effective relaxation exercises and self-hypnosis.
- Demonstrating techniques that allow you to take charge of your emotions and reactions on an on-going basis.
Reducing stress will not only make you happier and healthier, it could quite literally add years to your life! If you have any questions, if you would like a free non-obligation chat on the phone, or if you would like to book an initial consultation, please get in touch and we can discuss how I can help you.