To permanently succeed in reducing your weight, you need to make changes to your eating behaviour and activity levels that you can easily incorporate into your everyday life. Hypno-psychotherapy (the combination of hypnotherapy and psychotherapy techniques) can be a powerful aid to permanent weight loss, by helping you change the way you think and feel about food, your body and exercise. Sometimes, even when clients have battled with their weight for many years, it is possible to resolve unhealthy patterns remarkably quickly, even in just a few sessions. In other cases, successfully resolving problem eating can be more complex and involve a wider range of issues and approaches, for example, dealing with body image, emotional self-regulation, compulsive eating, self-sabotage and social pressures to name just a few. I provide a confidential and compassionate environment to explore your relationship with food and to support you in making the positive changes you desire. Many of my clients have found hypno-psychotherapy for weight loss to be a life-transforming experience.
Effective treatment has to be personally tailored to the needs and circumstances of each individual client. Through a detailed exploration of current and historical patterns of eating and activity, we can target exactly what needs to change. Indeed, sometimes clients come to see me just to make very specific changes to their eating patterns. For example, to stop eating chocolate, to stop evening snacking, to be satisfied with smaller portions and to be able to finish eating when there is still food on the plate. For those clients that wish to lose weight, hypno-psychotherapy can help in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Changing habitual thinking patterns about food
- Addressing emotional triggers that lead to overeating
- Noticing the subtle cues from your body that let you know when you have eaten enough
- Setting effective healthy goals and maintaining positive motivation
- Improving how you view yourself and your body
- Addressing in a healthier way any needs that are currently being met by over-eating
- Overcoming self-sabotage and unconscious obstacles to weight loss
- Resolving ‘cravings’ and addictive behaviours
- Releasing unhelpful habits, like always clearing your plate
- Reducing portion size, but still feeling satisfied
- Improving motivation to be active
- Valuing yourself more highly
- Relax and really enjoy moving to a healthier lifestyle!
With a background in the scientific research of body weight regulation, followed by almost twenty years’ experience as a hypnotherapist, I have had the privilege of assisting hundreds of clients to lose weight effectively. In helping you, I use not only techniques from hypnotherapy, but also stress management, meditation and behavioural- and cognitive- therapies. Together, these form a powerful combination of tools to guide you in taking back control of your life.